June 4, 2009
Sometime in early 2009, it became clear that lcms as a module wasn’t really working out for us, and we needed to write our own color management implementation (mostly) from scratch. Since I was a full-time student at the time, I didn’t have it in me to lead the effort and get things done in time for 3.5. Thankfully, Jeff Muizelaar stepped in and took up the task, resulting in qcms. I’d encourage everyone to go check out his post.
Also, worry not – most of the work I did on lcms (mainly the performance optimizations) are still there in qcms, so things should be as fast as ever, or faster.